Tuesday, May 21, 2013

You know what's sad?

bracelet - gift from Oman (buy similar) | Billabong dress - Marshalls (buy similar)
Limited jacket - thrifted (buy similar) | wedges - Maurices (buy - ON SALE!)

And by "sad" I mean "pathetic," not go-cry-in-my-closet unhappiness.

I now have a list of outfits to wear (and photograph) once I lose weight. I have managed to put on enough pounds that a large majority of the clothing in my closet doesn't fit the way that it should. I could sit here and make excuses and tell you that between my sedentary job and all of the jewelry orders I've been getting, I just haven't had the time to exercise, but the truth is, it's my own damn fault. Exercise is important to my long-term health, and if setting time aside a few days a week to go for a jog means that my orders will take a couple of days longer to complete and ship, then so be it.

I'm not telling you this in an effort to get "aww, you look great!" comments, so don't bother. I'm telling you this because studies show that if you make a public announcement that you are committing to exercise and lose weight, you're more likely to stick to it.

So there it is: I have pounds to lose, I am going to exercise, and I am posting it on the World Wide Web in hopes that a bunch of strangers knowing my goal will help me accomplish it.

xo, Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment