Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Style Crush: Target Styling

(all images from On the Dot)

**Note: This post has not been sponsored in any way by Target or any of their affiliates.**

As a communications major in college and now working at a job that at least loosely involves marketing, I've always had an interest in advertising, especially when it involves fashion or clothing of any kind. There are a couple of companies out there that are really leading the pack when it comes to styling and marketing of their clothing brands, and Target is at the top of my list.

Goods are portrayed as at once luxurious and affordable, elegant and attainable.

Target's magazine and TV ads are consistently engaging, colorful, and as probably intended, really make me want to shop at their stores. And there is really nothing wrong with that. The Target company has successfully managed to make their clothing and home goods culturally iconic for the middle- to upper-class population. Goods are portrayed as at once luxurious and affordable, elegant and attainable.

Even the styling and presentation of Target's brands, whether it's Mossimo, Xhilaration, or one of their designer partnerships, are all creative and vibrant, and I often find myself turning to their print ads for outfit inspiration.

My husband has joked that I should just live at Target with how often I shop there and how much I love their brands. Little does he know, I'm already looking into it . . . Shhhh!

xo, Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment